We’ve got a great way to use up your garden zucchini! Zucchini softens while roasting and soaks up the flavor of balsamic vinegar. The sweet flavors are complemented by salty feta cheese sprinkled on just before serving. It’s an easy summer side you’ll come back to again and again.
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- ½ cup sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Step 2Combine zucchini, shallot, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to coat well; transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with vinegar. Stir to coat and continue roasting until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with feta.
Serving Size: 1/2 CupPer Serving:129.3 calories; protein 3.6g 7% DV; carbohydrates 10.5g 3% DV; exchange other carbs 0.5; dietary fiber 2.2g 9% DV; sugars 6.8g; fat 8.8g 14% DV; saturated fat 2.1g 11% DV; cholesterol 6.3mg 2% DV; vitamin a iu 372.2IU 7% DV; vitamin c 32mg 53% DV; folate 49.9mcg 13% DV; calcium 73mg 7% DV; iron 1mg 6% DV; magnesium 37.6mg 13% DV; potassium 528mg 15% DV; sodium 373.2mg 15% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 10% DV.